Over the years I’ve read some really good books… in fact, some of them have been real life-changers! I believe strongly in reading good books. There’s a wealth of knowledge out there that is just ours for the taking.
Many successful people have taken their life experiences and put them into books for all of us to benefit from. Why reinvent the wheel when you and I can learn from their experience?
There’s a saying attributed to Benjamin Franklin that I just love; “If one was to take the coins out of his pocket and invests it in his mind, then his mind would fill his pockets with gold.”
Below is a list of books that I’ve read and highly recommend. I’ll try to keep this post updated with new books as they come along.
- Bible *
- Book of Mormon *
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie *
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill *
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- What Every BODY is Saying by Joe Navarro
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Spark by John Ratey
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
[* these books I re-read on a regular basis]
These days I try to read a balance of books on a variety of topics; business, relationships, history, science, health, self development and languages. Because time is so limited and there are just so many good books to read, I like to listen to them as I go about my daily routine.
Audible.com is the best place I’ve found to download a variety of audio books at great prices (I signed up as a Platinum member). iTunes also has a good range of audio books at good prices.