Adding a contact form to your website is a smart move. Here’s why…
If you publish your contact email address on your site, spammers and their robots will find it and send you a whole lot of unsolicited email, which is the last thing you want!
Having a contact form on your site will stop 99% of spam from reaching your inbox.
Contact forms also make your sites look more professional.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard
- On the left-hand menu, locate the Plugins section and click on Add New
- In the Search field type in “contact form 7” and click on the Search plugins button
- Locate ‘Contact Form 7‘ in the search results and click on ‘Install Now‘
- After WordPress installs the Contact Form 7 plugin, click on ‘Activate Plugin‘
- After activation, in the left-hand menu of your WordPress Dashboard, scroll down to the Contact section and click on Edit.
- On this page you have the option of editing the default contact site. Unless you have specific fields you want to add or modify, I recommend leaving it as it is.
- Copy the one line of code that is highlighted in brown (near the top of the page)
- Create a new page and title it ‘Contact Us’
- In the message body section, write a simple introductory such as, “Thank you for visiting my site! Please leave your message below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
- Paste in the line of code
- Once you save your changes your new contact form is ready to use!
Test your new contact form to make sure it is working properly. This is very important.
If you’ve found this article helpful or if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below. Thanks!