It all started back in 2009, when my Google Adwords account was suspended. Most of the traffic that I was getting to my affiliate offers was via Adwords.
The problem was, that I was constantly monitoring my Adwords campaigns and spending, to make sure I wasn’t losing money on my campaigns. Now, when you literally have hundreds of campaigns, that’s a lot of monitoring.
So when my Adwords account was suspended, I decided that I would not look into paid traffic anymore, but would focus on evergreen, passive traffic sources. The best one that I’ve found is Youtube.
Here’s what’s so great about Youtube…
- It’s totally free to use. You can sign up for a free account and start uploading videos immediately.
- Unlimited usage. You can upload as many videos as you want.
- Massive traffic. Youtube is the 3rd most visited site in the world. There are literally billions of video views happening each and every day… and you can get as much of a slice of the action as you want.
- Highly targeted traffic. When you create videos that appeal to your niche, the people that watch your videos will be super targeted.
- Passive, evergreen traffic. Once you’ve uploaded your videos to Youtube, you will get people coming to your sites for years to come… without having to do anymore more!
- Relationship building. There’s no better way to build a relationship with a prospective client than through video. They get to see you and hear you and you can share with them helpful content.
- Ease of promotion. Youtube make it easy for you to get people to come to your site. You can tell them, within your video, to go to your site, or you can have a caption on your video with your url. Also, you can add a clickable link to your domain with your video’s description.
Currently I get about two thousand visitors per month to my sites just through the videos I’ve uploaded to Youtube. There’s nothing better than knowing that I’m getting quality, targeted leads into my business… and I don’t have to do anything.
Youtube is a great source for high-quality, free traffic. If you’re not already using Youtube as part of your traffic generation strategy, I highly recommend that you do!
Found this post helpful? Please leave a comment below. Thanks!