What is an Ad Swap?
Ad swapping, in the internet arena, is where you promote another person’s site to your email list in exchange for them doing the same to their list.
Why would you want to do Ad Swaps?
There are several really good reasons why you should and why all the big internet marketers gurus do email ad swaps:
1. It’s effective. Because you are recommended a site to your list and you have built a relationship of trust with them, your list will be more responsive than regular traffic.
2. It’s quick and easy. Once you have done one or two ad swaps, you’ll find them very easy to organize.
3. It’s free! Unlike most advertising methods, ad swaps don’t cost you a dime.
4. Nothing else will grow your list faster. This is the main point of doing ad swaps.
Email ad swaps are an awesome way to grow your list exponentially.
Imagine you have a list of 1000 subscribers and you do an ad swap with someone with a list of the same size and add 30 new subscribers to your list. You’ve increased your list by 3% without it costing you a cent and with little effort.
Now, if you repeat the process 5 days a week and increase your list by 5% each time, after 1 month your list size will be 1806 subscribers – that’s an increase of over 80%! You’ve gone from 1000 to 1806 subscribers in one month and it didn’t cost you one cent!
Imagine doing this every month; by the end of 6 months, you’ll have 34,698 subscribers on your list!
Some rules for doing Ad Swaps:
1. Set up a dedicated squeeze page for your ad swap partner to send their list to. Make sure you’re squeeze page had a compelling headline, some bullet points of the main benefits of your offer, and an optin form for them to fill out to get the free gift. Don’t add too much else. Keep it simple and powerful.
Don’t have a squeeze page yet? Check out my landing page handbook.
2. Only swap with others that have a similar list size to yours. This is to keep things fair. Otherwise, if your list is half the size of someone that is considering ad swapping with you, offer to email your list twice over a period of about a two weeks.
3. Ad swap with those in the same niche as yours or similar. Doing otherwise will greatly affect your optin rates.
4. Don’t overdo it. Keep your ad swaps to a maximum of 2 or 3 a week.
How do you find Ad Swap partners?
A couple of good sites are:
Be careful when using Warrior Forum to find adswap partners. There’s a lot of scammers out there so be sure to ask for references first.
Want more adswap tips? Check out some of my other blog posts: