Getting backlinks to your site is important. More backlinks means more respect in the eyes Google and the other search engines.
This leads to better rankings, which means more traffic to your site and more profits.
One simple way to get backlinks to your site is social bookmarking.
Social bookmarking can be time-consuming. That’s where SocialMarker comes in.
SocialMarker is a free service that allows you to quickly and easily create bookmarks on some of the best social bookmarking sites out there. Sites like Digg, Reddit, Faves and more. About 50 in total.
To get it to work you need to have Mozilla Firefox installed.
Here’s what you do:
- Go to SocialMarker.com and in the ‘How to use it‘ section drag the SocialMarker icon to your Firefox toolbar
- Next, go to the exact web page that you want to bookmark
- Click on the Social Marker bookmark on your Firefox toolbar
- A new tab (or browser window) will appear. It will be the homepage of SocialMarker. The title of your web page and its URL will be already filled out in the fields provided
- Enter a description of your web page in the ‘Text‘ field
- Enter your keywords in the ‘Tags‘ field
- Before you click on the ‘Submit’ button, untick any of the social bookmarking sites you don’t want to use (if any)
- Click on the ‘Submit‘ button
What will happen next is that SocialMarker will take you to the first social bookmarking site you’ve selected. If you’re not already a member there you’ll need to register first.
After you’ve registered you can submit your bookmark.
The power behind SocialMarker is that it allows you to quickly and easily go from one social bookmarking site to the next, simply by clicking ‘Next’ (in the top right-hand corner).
What SocialMarker also does for you is automatically fill in the required fields. This saves you a lot of time.
If you find that the fields have been pre populated for you, you can easily copy and paste your entries using the data that SocialMarker has readily available for you in the footer of the page (this is the same data you entered when you first opened up SocialMarker).
If you’ve found this information helpful or have any feedback, please leave a comment below or click on the ‘Like’ button. Thanks!